Nintendo has come out and announced what features are going to be present in the HD version of The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD.
- Fi is now optional! Well, she is still required for story stuff, but when you enter a new area, like the ultra hot region in the Eldin provenance; Fi’s icon will now flash letting you know you can summon her if you need, but she won’t just randomly pop up.
- Item Notifications only happen once! Those who played the original on the Wii might remember one annoying thing. Where in that if you picked up a new item, it would give you a tip about said item, cool! But it would do this every time you picked it up if you went to a new area or saved and relaunched the game. This has been fixed in the HD version.
- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD is well, HD! The game runs at 1080P docked or 720P in handheld mode. Both modes support 60FPS as well.
- Ever wished you could make Fi shut up during a cut-scene or skip it entirely? Well now you can! Cut-scenes in The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD can be skipped entirely or just speed through, if you still want lore but don’t want to prove you can read faster than a computer every ten seconds. If you can’t, well… idk what to tell you.
- It’s okay, you can sit down now, and yes we will judge you for it. That’s right, In the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD you can play the game with or without motion controls! If you have a Nintendo Switch Lite or just don’t feel like giving yourself a sore arm you can now use buttons on your controller.
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of Skyward Wild Sword… wait. Yes, it appears that The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD is taking some ques from the cool kid on the block The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and let’s you skip the tutorial dialog if you have already read it, or just cannot wait for Zelda to save Link.
- Fi has been working over time, it’s about damn time! The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD has an autosave feature. While it’s currently unclear when the game will auto save, we assume that it will auto save at important parts. Remember kids, if the game auto saves, you’re doomed. Best to turn back now and give up.
- Free Camera! Youtubers and fansites who have gotten the game early are starting to post things about the game. You can finally move the camera around so it’s not fixed! Look around Link, is there under that tree behind you?
Thanks for making it to the end of this article! I’d love to hear what you think about the improvements Nintendo is making for this game. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD releases worldwide on July 16th 2021!